In theory, purchasing a home is simple. You figure out what your budget is, you find a property you like, and you make the sellers an offer. If the offer is accepted, they move out and you move in. The problem that many people discover is that things don’t always go as smoothly as hoped, and purchasing a property becomes a great more difficult than anyone expected.
Most people, approximately 87%, of home buyers make the decision to use a real estate broker to not only find the property of their dreams, but to also handle the sale. In addition to using a broker, many people involved in both the buying and selling process have also opted to involve a lawyer experienced in real estate litigation in the buying/selling process.
These days, you really shouldn’t assume that purchasing a home is something you can do by yourself. The odds are pretty good that when all is said and done, you’ll be very glad you enlisted the services of an experienced real estate attorney. The biggest advantage of having a lawyer on your side while you purchase property is that if something goes wrong, they can quickly correct the problem so that you can close the sale and move into your new home. Make sure you visit: http://www.pulversthompson.com/.
When it comes to real estate litigation, there are actually several things that can go wrong but the most common issues include:
- A failure to properly review, or understand, community agreements and policies.
- Loans taken from friends and family rather than more traditional lending institutions.
- Co-buyer agreements when you purchase the property with someone else who isn’t legally married to you.
Don’t assume that simply because you’re not moving into a strict community, borrowing money from an individual, or have a co-buyer, that the purchase of your new property will go off without a hitch. It’s incredible how many problems come up during the negotiations. Negotiation issues an attorney experienced with real estate litigation can help with include:
- The inclusion of any escalation clauses you or the seller wants including in the contact
- If there’s going to be a period of time following the closing when either the buyer or the seller will be renting the property
- Whether you can move and store any of your belongings in on the property prior to the previous owners moving out off the property.
- Arrangements for a tenant who is already living on the property which includes if they have to move off the property by a certain date.
- If the seller is retaining possession of any piece of the property after the property closing has been completed
- Any issue involving easements
Your real estate litigation lawyer will also investigate the property you want to purchase and make sure that there’s aren’t and problems with the property’s title and that there aren’t any legal claims that could cause the sale to fall through, leaving you in a bind. If you find yourself in this article you might need new york car accident lawyer.
If you have any concerns at all about the process of purchasing a property, the best way to give yourself peace of mind is enlisting the services of an experienced real estate litigation attorney. Look At This!